Journal 1 info:
X = Liberal
Exercise 1: How much $ to allocate for foreign aid next year? (mixed ideology group)
[ -10% / +10% / no change / other ]
- increase non-military aid > 10% (other)
- development, humanitarian aid only!
- shift funds from military aid if necessary
- US foreign aid is large absolute figure, but proportionally insignificant as percentage of GDP
- is real-world economy a factor in thought experiment or not?
Final result: UNDECIDED/DEADLOCK: 3 conflicting views: increase, no change, cut
Exercise 2: Same as above, all-X group
My choice: +10%
- immanent economy assumed to be operative; “next year” budget
- preferred option infeasible, +10% = next-best option
- same reasoning as above
Final result: UNDECIDED/DEADLOCK: 2 conflicting views: increase, no change